Saturday, April 7, 2007

urban living

So.

I am sitting in my "home office," listening to the sounds of my roommate's TV and sloppy lovemaking, and remembering what my friend said the other day, "Families are supposed to live together. Lovers are supposed to live together. Complete strangers are not supposed to live together! It's just this weird urban thing!!"

So it is.

It's raining today, which means I may not opt to ride my bike. :( I didn't ride yesterday because my body was exhausted from riding for about 2 weeks, so I was jazzed to get to ride today after a day of rest. I already feel a lot stronger, and I'm convinced riding a bike is one of the best decisions I ever made.

Hmm.

I don't have any pressing work to do, and yet I'm so used to working whenever I'm not dancing or buying groceries or doing physical therapy that I feel like I MUST sit down in front of the computer.

And write a blog, I guess.

I may be writing a dance article soon this summer and have been asked to submit ideas. ACK! First journalistic experience EVER, and not only am I writing, I'm also coming up with the idea? Welcome to the dance world. There aren't enough good people to spread the work around. Thus, journalism major newbie is possibly getting an assignment far out of her experience.

How exciting.

If I hadn't spent so much money recently on this exercise ball I'm sitting on and a present for my father, I would go to a cafe and get away from the sounds coming from the room next door.

BAH! Urban living for the poor artist, who is not starving because she just made herself french toast.

Mmm.

No comments: