Thursday, April 23, 2009

into unkown, gushy waters

What kind of subject line do you use for an email that's full of unexpected bad news? I don't know. I think I'm going to send this one blank.

Through this process of writing an email full of bad news, I have learned that it's not just when writing emails to silly boys that I'll spend 5 minutes trying to decide between ending a sentence with a period or an exclamation point. It's when writing about something I care about, and feel unsure about expressing. How to be forthright in your own uncertainty without coming across as needing another to clarify your world for you - it's difficult.

So, bad news aside, email boy thinks I'm younger than dishwater (ha), which incidentally I don't care about because someone I deeply admire has asked me to join something that deeply inspires me. It almost mitigates the bad news, despite the ongoing presence of fear that this is worse than it seems. But I'm meeting with this person tonight to discuss this offer and other things, so perhaps more later.

xoxo, dear blog!
-J

No comments: