Tuesday, April 28, 2009

wherein i realize that this bench is on wheels and this feels the same no matter where i am

I write, receive, and send lots of emails. When initiating e-mail conversation, often I agonize about what to put in the subject line. I can't title them like my blogs, oh no, and by the amount of bad email subjects I get I know that there's a definite skill to it. Oh, it is so much easier when someone else starts the email thread, and then all you have to do is hit reply and make up stuff that makes communicative sense in the body of the email. Incidentally, this is also how I feel about contact improvisation. And flirting.

These are some of my favorite subject lines I have received lately:
  1. "An idea" Because it was from a person who, considering my relationship with him, could have meant absolutely anything. And I was completely surprised by the idea.
  2. "Are you here?" Sent from an iPhone to my computer. Tried not to get too metaphysical about it.
  3. "Enclosed is a big hug..." I like it when people I don't know send me e-hugs for doing my job.

No comments: