Wednesday, May 20, 2009

time: compressed, shifted, shown

I could say, right now, honestly:
- I am happy with life
- I am uncertain
- I spend a good portion of my time dreaming
- I am often anxious, and just as often joyful
- I want many more things than I can have
- I am eternally grateful for what I have
- and for what I have had

Do you know, do you? How often I think of you? Memories are bittersweet washes. They stick in the fabric of my skin and muscle tissue and will forever. You did that to me, (I am grateful).

I have come to a point where I want to say, "I am an artist." And I feel the budding of such, I feel my experiences rising through the tissues that have been processing them for years, coming out as expressions, as ideas, as the desire to create.

I will always want to learn. I will never know anything, and I will always want to learn. But, as I get a little bit older, some things have grown. I have had more years on the planet, and I trust my body to understand the gravity of that. Of what it means to be alive on this planet. I trust my flesh, it knows how much that means.

I trust what will come out of seeking. I believe that I will never arrive.

1 comment:

Falling Up said...

I like you. You're good :)